Saturday, January 22, 2011

In her eyes

I gazed at the groom, standing resplendent in the front of the room, a crisp tuxedo and a smile that belied his nervous joy.  I did not have to cue into the music or turn to see that the bride had just come into view, his entire body relaxed, and a look came over him.

As I turned my gaze to the back of the room it was not her dress that I saw first, a beautiful white gown that glowed in the dimly lit room, rather it was her eyes.  She was not just looking ahead, she was locked in a deep connection with the groom all the way down the isle.  I was in the second row, of at least a dozen,  yet I could see the deep love pouring out across the room.  I followed what seemed to be a ripple in the air, followed her gaze until my eyes connected with the groom waiting there with the same gaze back to his bride. 

Congratulations, may your love deepen over the years, though it is clear you already have so much.

No comments: