Monday, January 24, 2011

Anger

Anger is a dual edged sword,
It begins by cutting its way into your heart,
Then it stays there embedded in your soul
Until you learn to let it part.

Often cutting the unintended,
slicing deeply open ended.

It is up to you to let it in,
to allow it to grow and fester there.
It is also up to you to let it go,
so its cruel cutting edge will not share.

the knife that cuts so deep inside,
until you open up your heart wide.

let it exit where it came through,
before it carves away the good in you.

the best way to beat its smite,
is to love with all your might.

Don't let the anger slice inside,
do not let it take you for a ride.

Anger is best not allowed to endure,
loving and forgiving is the cure.

I want to love with all my heart,
but the anger splits it apart.

god grant me the strength to let it go,
to allow my soul to grow.

I need a shield,
that is what I want to wield.

A shield that I can use to deflect,
but put away and reflect.

Anger is but one tool,
one that is used to fool,

Deep inside the heart is beating,
while the fear has me retreating.

goodbye anger, goodbye fear,
goodbye stress and hello cheer.

STU - 2011

No comments: