Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cockroach Hunting

It is the dharma of a man to protect his loved ones, it is also the dharma to be the hunter for the tribe.  Never had my skills been put to the test before, yet when that first bugger crawled out of my shoe and scared my woman, it was on.  I grabbed the weapon of choice against such evil, the broom.  With her acting as my lookout, I was able to sweep it from behind the tv towards the door, only to my dismay it was now behind the door, and unlike our tiny versions in California, this bugger would not fit under the door.  Frantically I opened the door half way and like a skilled hockey player swept the bugger around the door and sent if flying over the front porch steps.  I had conquered, and my woman was safe, she came to me and gave me my reward.  Peels of laughter ensued, tears are welling inside me as I remember the tears of laughter we spilled that day.

No comments: