Sunday, January 31, 2010

Masquerade Ball

“I will be back in a few minutes.” She said, leaving me standing alone leaning on a table loaded with dessert items, I took a cookie and glanced over at the room full of people. People who were loosely connected with me only by her, the retreating form now striding out into the night air. The DJ had just started a song, it was an 80’s tune, you know, the kind that brings that feeling of fun back from all those decades ago. The crowd was going full tilt; they had not even slowed down between songs. As I stared out into the mass of people the noise blended together to create an almost silence, a sort of overwhelming sense of tranquility came out of the chaos. I gazed into the motion, hardly aware of a single person in the room, rather the crowd moved as if it was a single being. Occasionally a single stomp or shout would permeate the pseudo silence, drawing attention to a single part of the beast. I slowly drew back into myself, and saw before me a gypsy dancing with an angel, a King and his Queen not far behind. And as the silence broke back into the roar of a party she returned, “Did you miss me?” she asked. I replied, “You have no Idea!”



STU - 10/25/2008.

No comments: