Thursday, April 28, 2011

Darkness

Despair has me in her grip,
And I shall not shall not slip,
though on a sinking ship,
and yet I will ride out this trip.

Useless, toiling, strangled,
my mind is oh so tangled,
my life is being dangled,
my direction crossword angled.

As I struggle in the mire,
my soul, it begins to tire,
Where is my desire,
to rage against the fire.

I am too young to die,
of this I do not lie,
I will not give up with a sigh,
and let the years idle by.

I feel utter despair,
lacking the ability to care,
gone is my will to share,
I seek, I seek, but know not where.

I am vulnerable, 
to its tugging on my mortal soul,
my heart feels dark as coal,
I am broken, who once was whole.

Insignificant, alone, worthless.

There must be something on the other side,
Oh lord please provide,

No comments: