Monday, November 22, 2010

My Cup

I am an empty cup.
Love is what should fill me up.
I should be filled to the brim,
yet I sit in darkness, feeling grim.

 I learned early on,
to give the love that pushes on.
Sadly, as not enough was returned to me,
I feel alone and empty.

I give my love to all I know.
I give my love the way of a rivers flow.
I give my love out freely.
never does it return to fill me.

There are those who care,
and of who’s love I share.
Alas I never learned the skill,
of letting my cup fill.

Love surrounds me, like a cork afloat,
I bob upon it like a boat,
I see the love that is meant to be,
I wish I knew how to let it return to me.

To love unconditionally is a skill,
one that causes cups to fill,
to be loved this way is quite a gift,
one that can cause a shift.

To learn to let love fill your cup,
that is the skill that brings you up.
Though this skill is lost to me,
I have faith that I will someday be,
able to let love fill my soul,
 like warm milk in a bowl.

I want to feel complete,
alas this goal I cannot meet.
For I was never shown,
and now that I am grown,
it is difficult to learn,
no matter how I yearn,

I wish, I wish to let it in,
Give me strength, beyond what’s been.
Let me feel a trickle, a drip, a drop or two.
Let me know true loves dew. 
Let it dribble in my heart,
and saturate my every part.

I know you’re out there pouring love into me,
When I look I can see,
But to feel, to trust true loves flow,
that is what would let me grow.

Please do not give up on me,
I will learn to let it be,
to trust again, though it’s hard,
to heal where I am scarred.

I love to love, its plain to see,
Why is it so hard to let it seep into me?

STU 11/2010

No comments: